First Meeting of the Parent Forum and Council 12 Sep 2007
On Wednesday 12 September 2007 the Rector chaired a meeting of the Madras College Parent Forum. he outlined how schools were moving to the new Parent Forums and Councils under recent legislation. The meeting approved a constitution with some small amendments to the tabled draft. Up to 30 parents can be on the Council, with the possibility of co-opting other members.
The first meeting of the new Parent Council will be in the Kilrymont Road building on 3 October at 7.30 pm. This meeting, in common with most other meetings of the Parent Council is a public meeting, and all parents will be welcome to attend.
The Rector reported that Historic Scotland has recently classified the Kilrymont Road School buildings as Grade B listed buildings. This brought gasps of astonishment from many at the meeting.
There were not as yet any obvious developments from Fife Council in the push for ending the split-site Madras College. We hope that the new administration will soon move to progress this.
Final Meeting of the School Board 24 April 2007
Minutes to come.
Major items included
- Welcome to the incoming rector, and thanks to the current rector
- Thanks to pupil members and to councillors
- Note of celebrations of the Kiel Exchange 50th anniversary
- Discussions on merging the PTA and Board into the required new body. Information out to parents soon. Meeting of PTA and Board hopefully in early June.
- Meeting organised by the Board at which local Council candidates have been invited to speak. They are asked to speak for 5 to 10 minutes on “The practical and financial solutions to the ‘unsatisfactory’ state of the learning environment at Madras College“. This will be followed by a question and answer session. All parents invited. Kilrymont School Hall 7.30 pm May 1st.